12 Benefits of Citrus Essential Oils
7. Ease Anxiety & Irritability:
Several citrus oils can help reduce feelings or anxiety and irritability, as well as other mood disorders.
8. Boost Energy:
Citrus oils help to boost physical and mental energy levels. Especially great oils to use in a diffuser in your home or work place to help you get through the day.
9. Remove Toxins:
Some citrus oils many help to remove toxins and impurities from cells.
10. Helpful to Skin:
Applying citrus oils to skin issues like warts, bunions, corns or calluses may eliminate these bothersome problems.
11. Flavor Food:
Citrus oils are a wonderful way to add flavor to food and drinks. Be sure your essential oil is labeled for internal use, not all essential oils are safe for consumption.
Citrus oils are versatile as you can see, they are an important part of any essential oil collection. They can be used aromatically, topically and internally (as long as your oil is labeled safe for consumption). Follow instructions listed on the oils you are using.
Ways to Use Citrus Oils
Citrus oils can be used in many ways. Below are just some of the ways you can enjoy them.
- Diffuser: Diffuse oils into the air using an essential oil diffuser. It will make you home smell wonderful, eliminate germs in air, and offer mood, mind and immune benefits.
- Spray Bottle: Add several drops of citrus oil (single or a blend of oils) into spray bottle and fill rest of bottle with water, shake well. Use as air freshener, room spray or body spray. Click here to purchase our spray bottles.
- Water Booster: Mix a couple drops into water and drink throughout the day (only oils labeled safe for consumption should be used). Make sure you are using a glass cup or bottle (no Styrofoam or plastic cups)
- Citrus Massage: Create a massage blend by mixing several drops of citrus oil in a dropper bottle, fill rest of bottle with carrier oil. Try this recipe for “Stress Free” Citrus Massage Oil. Add 6 drops of Bergamot oil and 6 drops of Grapefruit oil to 1 oz dropper bottle, fill rest of bottle with jojoba oil (or favorite carrier oil for massages).
Page 2 of 2Next